In order to process in Paradigm you need to setup your company details and have a minimum of one branch linked to each company.
Within each branch you can link each of your warehouses. You can create multiple companies in a single Paradigm database and integrate each company with its own financial Sage Evolution database.
1. Setup your Companies
To set up your organisational structure, navigate to Administration/Setup/Company Details. After first installing Paradigm, a new company is automatically created and called Paradigm Demo. Double-click on this record to open up the detail view of this company.
- Add your company name in the Name field.
- The default tax types are uneditable, these fields are set up and maintained in the Sage Evolution database linked to this Paradigm Company.
- The remaining fields on the Details Tab are to capture your general company information. When you create your report layouts, you can reference these fields in the report, e.g. reference the VAT Number field to be displayed on all reports linked to this company.
Financial Integration Tab
- Configure the integration settings with your Sage Evolution database.
2. Setup your Branches
Navigate to the Branches Tab on the company screen to view your list of branches. After first installing Paradigm, a new branch is automatically created and called Branch 1 Paradigm Demo. Double-click on this record to open up the detail view of this company.
This branch is also flagged as the default branch. It will auto fill on all new documents and certain records in Paradigm.
Edit the Default Branch
- Double-click on this record to open up the detail view of "Branch 1 for Paradigm Demo".
- Rename the branch and complete the general branch details if required.
Add Additional Branches
- To add additional Branches, click on the Add New button on the branch grid toolbar.
3. Setup your Warehouses
To setup your warehouse structure in Paradigm, you must first configure the integration settings with your Sage Evolution database. Once you're connected to your financial system, all of your warehouses that have been setup in Sage Evolution will be created in Paradigm.
See Setup Sage Evolution Integration for more information.
All warehouses brought down from Sage Evolution will automatically be linked to your default branch in Paradigm.
Link/unlink Warehouses from a Branch
- Open a particular branch and navigate to the Warehouse Tab
- To unlink a warehouse from the branch, select the warehouse line and click on the unlink button on the toolbar.
- To link a warehouse to a branch, click on the link button on the toolbar, select the warehouse you would like to link this branch to and the OK button.
TIP: View a list of all your warehouses by navigating to Inventory/Maintenance/Warehouse.
View all inventory items linked to each of your warehouses by navigating to Inventory/Maintenance/Warehouse Inventory.