Navigate to the Type Permissions Tab on the role screen. All the lines in the Paradigm Soft Category represent the Paradigm tables. All the other categories represent system tables and functions which should normally always be granted full access rights.
It is recommended to start off by granting full access rights to all categories on the Type Permission tab. You can then easily revoke specific access rights by using the navigation, action button, member, object permission settings.
1. Grant Data Access Permissions
- To grant access rights, select a line representing one of the Paradigm tables. Click on the down arrow next to the button and select a specific access right.
2. Revoke Data Access Permissions
- To revoke access rights, select a line representing one of the Paradigm tables. Click on the down arrow next to the button and select an option.
3. Edit Access Permissions in Bulk
- Edit access permissions to multiple lines simultaneously by selecting the lines and using the and buttons on the toolbar.
- Apply full access permissions to all tables simultaneously.
- Right-click on the grids "group-by box" and select expand all.
- Select any line on the grid and press Ctrl + A on the keyboard to select all lines.
- Click on the button to apply full access rights.
4. Set Member Access Permissions
- Use member permissions to hide specific fields on a record. e.g. Do not show the sales team the customer credit limit field.
See Add Member Access Permissions for more information.
5. Set Object Access Permissions
- Use object permissions to hide specific records of a data-set. e.g. Only show a sales team the customer records where the Industry = Manufacturing.
See Add Object Access Permissions for more information.